Cheesy Poblano Rice Soup
Click here to return to the Rice, Grains, Beans And Stuffing-Rice page
Recipe used with permission by the USA Rice Federation. For more information about rice, visit www.usarice.com.
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 3 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 14 1/2-ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sauté shallots and peppers in oil in 3-to4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Add rice and cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted.